Rowville Banner

Rowville Volunteers proudly serving the community since 1942

Local History

History3

1967: Knox council leased the Le John Street land to the Brigade.

1972: CFA acquired the lease for the Le John Street land. Rowville had 11 fire calls. Knox's first 24 hour manned station commenced operations at Boronia.

1973: Radio room, kitchen, toilets and another motor bay addition to Rowville Rural fire station.

1974: F.R.S (Fire reporting system) telephone warning system was installed and connected to designated members' private residences.

1978: Rowville Rural brigade obtained its first issue of pagers.

1984: Rowville Rural fire brigade given urban status with boundaries declared in May.

1987: Computer was installed at the brigade.

1993: Moved to our current location at 1 Taylors Lane.

2012: Land is purchased for the new integrated Rowville Fire Station to be built by 2016.

BACK TO HISTORY

Dial 000 in an Emergency

CFA Logo About Us | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | © L. McKenna - ROWVILLE FIRE BRIGADE