Rowville Banner

Rowville Volunteers proudly serving the community since 1942

Appliances

History2

From beaters and snapsacks to the Brigade's first appliance and to today where we have a fleet of 4 state of the art fire trucks. The Rowville Fire Brigade has had a number of appliances over the years and this will continue into the future.

1948: The Brigade acquired its first major fire-fighting apparatus consisting of a trailer & tank from the CFA. The brigade then went out and purchased it's own pump and motor. This equipment was towed by members' private vehicles.

1968: Rowville Rural Fire Brigade acquired its first fire truck, an Austin 400 gallon tanker. This was used to fight its first major fire in Lysterfield/ Rowville and the Basin areas.

1969: The trailer unit was transferred to Swan Hill Fire Brigade. It is currently located at Pental island (near Swan Hill).

1973: The CFA gave the brigade an International D1610 600 gallon tanker.

1975: The brigade purchased a Ford Transit Van to carry portable fire-fighting apparatus such as fire extinguishers, hose reels etc.

1980: Daihatsu Van was purchased to combat fires and as a transport vehicle.

1986: Toyota Hilux 4x4 was bought to replace the Daihatsu van. A Hino 3.4D Tanker joined the Brigade as the first 4WD Tanker.

1990: Type 3 Hino Pumper.

2004: Type 3 Medium Izuzu Pumper (800 - Bull-Bar) was received.

2007: 3.4C Heavy Tanker was received to replace our 3.4D Tanker.

2011: Type 3 Medium Izuzu Pumper (900 - Turbo) was received.

BACK TO HISTORY

Dial 000 in an Emergency

CFA Logo About Us | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | © L. McKenna - ROWVILLE FIRE BRIGADE