Rowville Banner

Rowville Volunteers proudly serving the community since 1942

 

Rowville Members

Fire at Rowville house


25th January 2011

A WOMAN suffered minor burns to her hand after she tried to extinguish a fire that started in the kitchen of her Rowville house this afternoon.

Rowville CFA Lieutenant Ray Ben said crews were called to the Reservoir Cres house about 12.20pm after the woman left a pot containing oil on the stove while she went to check on her two young children.

Mr Ben said 30 firefighters took about 15 minutes to bring the fire under control, but not before it had spread to the roof space of the brick veneer, two-storey house.

The woman’s husband was at work at the time of the fire but rushed home shortly after, Mr Ben said.

He reminded people to always be vigilant while cooking.

“Don’t leave pots on stoves unattended – always keep an eye on them,’’ Mr Ben said.

The fire caused about $50,000 damage to the house, he said.

Read more Brigade news Click here...

Dial 000 in an Emergency

CFA Logo About Us | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | © L. McKenna - ROWVILLE FIRE BRIGADE